Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Day at Court

To start my blog article ... we need to flashback...so...adacadabra...KABOOM..... 9th of September 2003 10:45am, La Vigie Road , Mauritius , Indian Ocean, Milky Way Galaxee .. Am driving slowly at 120km/hr (speed limit is 80km/hr..at that time) when out of the bloom a cop stops my car and hands me out an xcess form.

So the 7th of febuary 2005 i find myself in the courtroom of Curepipe with 60 other fellow law offenders. The Usher (not to confuse with the singer!) calls my name , I go to the box , he says something like blablablablab...blablablabla..accept...blabla..guilty..not guilty..blablabla I nod my head and its over. A Rs1200 fine (32 euros) and am a free man again.He didnt even check my ID or nothing , you just go there and say your guilty..thats soooo.. coool!

Then of course you need to go in the queue to pay for the stupid fine , a long loooong loooooong queue. After which you get a receipt which ressembles a supermarket receipt and you go home. Of course if you dont pay the fine after 8 days a cute little warrant is issued on your name and you get to wear those trendy black and white stripped shirt and matching pants. That was my day in court... memorable.

No comments: